Boston Private has a well-established track record of helping you and your family implement estate plans to achieve your wealth transfer goals.
Your estate plan and your trust are as individual as you are. At Boston Private, helping you and your beneficiaries achieve your goals is our number one priority. We understand that our role as trustee is to implement your unique trust, ensuring that it is administered according to your wishes so that assets are passed on to your beneficiaries when and how you intend. We provide the experience and expertise necessary to address both the routine and unique circumstances each trust presents.
Fully Customizable Trust Services
Our team of seasoned trust officers has the ability to administer a broad array of trusts to meet your specific objectives. We provide:
- Maintaining control of the transfer of wealth
- Taking appropriate steps to reduce exposure to estate and income taxes
- Maintaining your privacy
- Protecting your assets from third parties, such as creditors
- Providing long-term income to family members without the burden of managing assets
- Assisting your descendants with spending decisions, ensuring they continue to benefit from your legacy as you intended
Agent for Fiduciary
Individuals and family members are often named to serve in a fiduciary capacity either as trustee of a trust or executor/personal representative of an estate. We recognize the considerable responsibility that such a position places on an individual and that it entails dealing with many different challenges. We have considerable depth and breadth of knowledge in working with individuals to assist them with the job of bookkeeping, accounting to beneficiaries, bill pay and investment management.
Who is the best choice to manage your trust?
When you need to name a trustee to manage your trust assets, you have many choices. If the trust is a living or “revocable” trust (which means it can be changed during your lifetime), you can name yourself as the initial trustee. Or you might want to name another family member or close friend...
Specialty Asset Management
Boston Private recognizes that often times a client’s portfolio holds non-financial assets such as real estate, farm and ranch land, oil, gas and mineral interests and closely held businesses. We know that these assets can be an important part of your trust’s investment portfolio.
Our team of trust officers has the knowledge and expertise to identify the unique characteristics of these assets and understand how they factor into the administration of your trust and integration into your wealth transfer strategy. We will:
- Manage accounting and property issues for income producing real estate
- Assemble necessary documents including deeds, abstracts and insurance policies
- Determine adequacy of insurance
- Coordinate the payment of taxes, bills and assessments
Estate and Trust Settlement
Boston Private’s professionals work with you and your trusted advisors to ensure that you receive the necessary guidance to navigate the often complex process of wealth transfer including:
- Impartial assistance throughout the estate settlement process and trust administration
- Asset identification, collection, valuation and management
- Probate estate and trust administration
- Preparation of the necessary inventories and accountings
- Contribution to the tax and legal strategies development to minimize tax exposure
- Distribution of assets in accordance with the estate plan
- Facilitation of tax preparation or review
Guardianship and Conservatorship of Estate
Court-ordered guardianships and conservatorships are a tool used for the protection of estates for those who are unable to manage their own financial responsibilities, typically disabled adults or those who have not yet attained the age of majority. We pride ourselves on listening to your concerns and advocating for your loved one’s needs with professionalism and expertise.
Ready to Plan Your Future?
You have complex financial needs, so we’ve built a dedicated team of professionals who are experts in trust and fiduciary services to help support you.