Managing User Roles
|User Roles are only available in the Corporate Edition of Digital Banking.|
NOTE: User Roles are created to control feature entitlements and dollar limits for one or more company users.
1. Select the 'Administration' menu and then select 'Manage User Roles'.
2. Click on 'Create Role' to create a new user role.
NOTE: Three actions can be performed on an existing User Role.
- Select the pencil icon to edit the user role.
- Select the double paper icon to copy the user role.
- Select the trash bin to delete the user role.
3. Select a transaction type by clicking on the name.
NOTE: One or multiple levels may be set up to establish general or specific user limitations.
4. Select the 'Operations' box. Specify the allowed operation(s) for the selected transaction type.
- ‘Draft’ allows a user to initiate a transaction.
- ‘Draft Restricted’ allows a user to only access an assigned ACH or wire template. It does not allow a user to edit exiting templates or add new templates. One-time payments and recipient maintenance within existing templates are also not allowed.
- ‘Approve’ allows a user to authorize a transaction.
- ‘Cancel’ allows a user to cancel a drafted or authorized transaction.
5. Select the 'Amount' box. Specify the dollar amount for the allowed action.
6. Select the 'Subsidiaries' box. Choose the subsidiary or subsidiaries allowed for this transaction type. This step applies only to organization with more than one Tax ID number.
7. Select the 'Accounts' box. Choose the account(s) allowed for this transaction type.
8. Select the 'Draft Hours' box. Choose the days and hours allowed for this transaction type. User Administrators are authorized to make selections within approved Bank limits, which are pre-populated.
NOTE: Select the days of the week in grey and the hours of the day across the top to indicate days and hours for the transaction. Individual hour boxes can also be selected.
9. Select the 'SEC Codes' box to specify which SEC codes are allowed for the transaction type.
10. Optional: Click 'Open Policy Tester' to validate the User Role functionality to assure the setup is correct.
NOTE: If the policy test is unsuccessful, the reason for the failure will be designated on the screen.
11. On the Rights tab, select the appropriate right for the user role's ability to view transactions in the 'Activity Center'.
- Can view transactions initiated by any
Online Banking user within the company,
- Can only view the user's own transactions.
- Can view transactions initiated by users
who are assigned to the same user role.
- Cannot view any transactions.
12. Select the 'Approval Limits' tab to view and modify the dollar and count limits assigned by Boston Private.
13. Select the 'Features' tab to view and modify the non-transactional features. Select features you wish to enable or disable.
14. Select the 'Accounts' tab to view and modify the account entitlements by selecting or under 'View', 'Deposit' or 'Withdraw'.
15. Repeat steps 4-12 for each transaction type.
16. Save the User Role by selecting the 'Save' button.
Access is disabled, but can be enabled.
Access is disabled for the company & cannot be enabled.
Access is enabled.