Your goals are what drives our investing. We access the universe of available investment vehicles to construct our investment portfolios based on your organization’s goals, time horizon, and perspective on investment risk.
Businesses and nonprofit organizations have unique asset management requirements. Whether it's managing a nonprofit organization’s endowment or structuring a short-term liquid bond solution for a business, Boston Private works closely with your firm’s decision makers to find out your needs and design an investment plan tailored to meet those needs.
We manage equity strategies that are suitable for various investment objectives. These strategies typically hold 40-60 individual stocks. Each of our investment strategies can be customized to meet your unique needs.
Our equity investment strategies include:
- Core strategies that are designed to act as a foundational strategy for most equity portfolios.
- Income-oriented strategies that invest in stocks through a fixed income lens.
- Total return-driven strategies that focus on dividend-paying stocks and growth over time.
- Growth-oriented strategies that emphasize potential for capital appreciation over a full market cycle.
We manage an option strategy designed to provide capital appreciation and enhanced relative income via the use of covered call writing on a focused portfolio of 20-25 individual stocks.
Features: GIPS compliant performance – Boston Private Wealth claims compliance with Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®), which is a set of standardized, industry-wide ethical principles that guide investment firms on how to calculate and present investment results to prospective clients.
Fixed Income Strategies
We manage fixed income strategies customized to meet the unique parameters of our clients specific to tax status and state of residence, target duration, credit quality, and cash flow needs.
Our fixed income strategies include:
- High quality taxable and tax-exempt fixed income strategies investing in individual bonds designed to deliver preservation of capital, a reliable income stream, and competitive total returns.
- A short-term bond strategy designed to make your cash balance work harder which features flexibility, liquidity, and the potential for enhanced returns.
- A high-income bond strategy that aims to add more yield than an investment grade bond strategy and with less principal risk than a pure high yield strategy.
We manage a suite of quantitative, ETF-based tactical strategies that provide a way to actively adjust your market exposure in times of severe market stress. These tactical strategies are meant to complement a traditional, diversified asset allocation, and are designed to allow you to maintain a high level of exposure during sustained bull markets for maximum growth potential with the flexibility to increase your defensive exposure to mitigate risk in times of elevated market stress.
Selection of external investment strategies
Boston Private has a defined, rigorous due diligence process for selecting investment strategies managed by external portfolio managers. This platform has been developed based on the following philosophy:
- Portfolios should be customized to meet each client’s unique set of financial goals and objectives. Accordingly, a manager platform should include investment opportunities with varying styles and performance characteristics.
- We have designed a diverse investment platform to offer these solutions to our clients, allowing us to match their needs and considerations with select investment managers that have exhibited specific return characteristics.
- We employ a rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis process, not only to help us select investment managers with impressive historical track records across asset classes, but more importantly to assess a manager’s likelihood of generating superior results in the future.
- Once recommended, managers should be held accountable to their stated investment process. Therefore, ongoing monitoring of our managers is as important as the initial selection.
- We continuously seek to bring new opportunities to our clients across asset classes through an ongoing discovery process.
Q1 2019 Economic & Market Perspective
Boston Private Wealth's quarterly investment newsletter delivers our investment team's insights on global macroeconomic and market events, including an overview of the economy, a review of the markets, and our outlook for the next quarter.
Talk to a Member of Our Investment Team
Your organization has complex financial needs, so we’ve built a dedicated team of professionals who are experts in their respective investment discipline to support you in every stage of business lifecycle.