At Boston Private, nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our clients. We understand the significant impact and financial hardship that unanticipated events can cause.
For those experiencing financial difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Boston Private is offering three months of payment deferment* on residential mortgages. We encourage our clients experiencing this financial hardship to reach out to us for this assistance.
To get started, please contact a Boston Private Collections Specialist:
- Call us at 855.211.7781 (Mon-Fri 9 A.M. to 5 P.M ET);
- Email us at [email protected]; or
- Write us at
Foreclosure Prevention Department
Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
10 Post Office Square Boston, MA 02109
For financial hardships unrelated to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may still contact us using the methods above to discuss available options.
* IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES ABOUT PAYMENT DEFERMENT:
- Finance charges will continue to accrue on my loan during the deferment period. For loans in principal and interest repayment, this means that, at the end of the deferment period, monthly payments will be applied to accrued and unpaid interest before they are applied to current interest or principal. It will likely take a number of months before this accrued interest is paid in full. For interest only payments, monthly interest payments will increase after the deferment ends, with interest accrued during the deferment being paid in equal payments over 12 months.
- As a result of the deferment, the total amount paid in finance charges over the life of the loan will increase and a larger payment may be owed on the date of my last monthly payment.
- The deferment period will extend the repayment term by the number of months of deferment. One monthly payment will be added to the repayment term for each month of deferment.
- The deferment does not reduce escrow payment obligations for items such as taxes and insurance, which may result in escrow account shortages or deficiencies that will need to be repaired through increased payments over a 12-month period following deferment.
If you have questions or need further assistance, additional resources for homeowners can be found at www.hud.gov, or by calling the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at 800.569.4287.
Boston Private is an Equal Housing Lender. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Is Facebook acting responsibly? SRI, ESG and Impact Investing - all ways in which Investors are increasingly looking for vehicles to invest responsibly and in a way that aligns with their values. Performing well by doing good is gaining popularity with investors. Shannon Saccocia weighs the social media landscape against socially responsible investing opportunities.Learn More
Listen to our discussion with the founders of The Chertoff Group, Former United States Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff and Chad Sweet, Former Chief of Staff of the Department of Homeland Security.Learn More
Edward Marshall, Managing Director at Boston Private, is joined by three different family office principals, Sam Bonsey, Justin Rockefeller and Liesel Pritzker Simmons, who discuss their unique insights as investors and pioneers in the impact investing space. Their conversation includes trends for family offices, the state of impact investing during COVID-19 and best practices for family offices looking to start or deepen their impact investing activities.Learn More