At Boston Private, nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our clients. We understand the significant impact and financial hardship that unanticipated events can cause.
At Boston Private, we understand that many factors can contribute to a financial hardship. We offer the following options for mortgage clients requiring financial assistance:
- Loan Modification – for qualifying clients who wish to remain in their primary residence, the Bank may modify the terms of your original loan. Boston Private uses some combination of the following to achieve a reasonable modified loan payment:
- capitalizing any outstanding interest
- lowering the interest rate
- deferment of loan payment
- Short Sale – for qualifying clients who do not wish to remain in their homes, a short sale allows for the sale of a home where proceeds are less than the total amount owed on the loan.
- Deed-in-Lieu – for qualifying clients who are unable to sell the home due to extenuating circumstances, a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure enables the client to convey all interest in the property to the Bank.
To get started, please contact a Boston Private Collections Specialist:
- Call us at 855.211.7781 (Mon-Fri 9 A.M. to 5 P.M ET);
- Email us at [email protected]; or
- Write us at
Foreclosure Prevention Department
Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
10 Post Office Square
Boston, MA 02109
Simply follow the links provided.
- A letter of instruction from Boston Private
- Borrower Financial Statement Worksheet
- Foreclosure Prevention Escalation Procedure
Please gather the appropriate financial documents as detailed within the letter above and complete the Borrower Financial Statement Worksheet, and mail to:
Boston Private Bank & Trust Company; Collections Department: Ten Post Office Square; Boston, MA 02109.
If you have questions or need further assistance, additional resources for homeowners can be found at www.hud.gov, or by calling the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at 800.569.4287.
Boston Private is an Equal Housing Lender. All loans are subject to credit approval.
In this week’s Family Office Connections podcast, Edward Marshall is joined by Dave Lancaster, Rebecca Maguire, Lyn Christensen, and Eran Schreiber for a discussion on best practices for managing a family office’s structure and life cycle. Listen now.Learn More
This week Shannon Saccocia covers the latest actions of the Treasury department and what investors are watching as public health concerns add uncertainty this holiday shopping season.Learn More
Whatever the economic volatility drivers, Boston Private helps UHNW women ensure their engagement and empowerment hold steady with their career choices.Learn More