At Boston Private, nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our clients. We understand the significant impact and financial hardship that unanticipated events can cause.
At Boston Private, we understand that many factors can contribute to a financial hardship. We offer the following options for mortgage clients requiring financial assistance:
- Loan Modification – for qualifying clients who wish to remain in their primary residence, the Bank may modify the terms of your original loan. Boston Private uses some combination of the following to achieve a reasonable modified loan payment:
- capitalizing any outstanding interest
- lowering the interest rate
- deferment of loan payment
- Short Sale – for qualifying clients who do not wish to remain in their homes, a short sale allows for the sale of a home where proceeds are less than the total amount owed on the loan.
- Deed-in-Lieu – for qualifying clients who are unable to sell the home due to extenuating circumstances, a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure enables the client to convey all interest in the property to the Bank.
To get started, please contact a Boston Private Collections Specialist:
- Call us at 855.211.7781 (Mon-Fri 9 A.M. to 5 P.M ET);
- Email us at [email protected]; or
- Write us at
Foreclosure Prevention Department
Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
10 Post Office Square
Boston, MA 02109
Simply follow the links provided.
- A letter of instruction from Boston Private
- Borrower Financial Statement Worksheet
- Foreclosure Prevention Escalation Procedure
Please gather the appropriate financial documents as detailed within the letter above and complete the Borrower Financial Statement Worksheet, and mail to:
Boston Private Bank & Trust Company; Collections Department: Ten Post Office Square; Boston, MA 02109.
If you have questions or need further assistance, additional resources for homeowners can be found at www.hud.gov, or by calling the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at 800.569.4287.
Boston Private is an Equal Housing Lender. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Interest in environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing continues to grow throughout the investment community. As financial performance and societal impacts become quantifiable, the benefits of ESG investing become more evident. Ash Daggs, Managing Director at Boston Private discusses the crucial elements that go into an effective ESG investment strategy.Learn More
The first quarter of 2021 continues the strong equity performance we’ve seen over the last 18 months. Unpacking the various circumstances driving that appreciation will help shed light on investment opportunities as the year progresses. In this quarterly commentary, we examine the short and long-term factors impacting the equity markets.Learn More
As vaccination rates improve, fiscal stimulus continues and more businesses reopen, the U.S economy is poised for normalcy. Unfortunately, the majority of fixed income sectors has not benefited from these developments. Digging into recent economic activity uncovers the factors involved in the lackluster Q1 performance of many fixed income sectors.Learn More