2016 Private Partnership Conference
An insightful three-day event tailored specifically for private partnership CFOs, general counsel, and managing partners from across the country.
The next Private Partnership Conference will be held June 15-17, 2016 at Cape Cod's Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. Guests will come together in an intimate setting to participate in networking activities, and attend CPE-eligible roundtables and general sessions where they will discuss best practices, current trends and issues affecting the industry.
We're excited to announce Bert Jacobs, Co-Founder and CEO (Chief Executive Optimist) of the Life is Good Company as our 2016 Keynote Speaker! Bert and his brother John launched their business with $78 in their pockets, selling t-shirts out of their van. Today, Life is Good is a $100 million positive lifestyle brand sold by over 2,000 retailers across the US and Canada. Bert's innovative lessons on branding, leadership and corporate social responsibility apply to organizations of all sizes, and his inspiring story will help you to see how optimism can truly take you anywhere.
Hotel and Conference fee: $1,295 (includes two-night stay at the five-star resort)
- Complimentary hotel accommodations and resort fee at the Wequassett Resort and Golf Club for two nights, including gratuities for Housekeeping and Bell Staff, access to fitness center, and wireless internet.
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner including a traditional Cape Cod Clambake.
- Complimentary leisure activities on Thursday afternoon.
- All business sessions, General Session keynote presenters and interactive roundtable discussions.
- All meeting materials, applicable handouts and resources.
- The opportunity to network with your peers throughout the conference.
Harwich, MA 02645
Hotel Phone: 508.432.5400
Hotel Fax: 508.432.1915
Check-out Time: 11:00 a.m.
If you are scheduled to arrive before check-in time or depart after check-out time, we will do our best to accommodate an early check in or late departure. The staff will securely store your luggage if your room is not available.
If you plan to drive to the Private Partnership Conference, please click on the link below for directions to the Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. There is ample complimentary self-parking.
Air Travel / Airport Information
If you plan to fly, you will be responsible for arranging your air travel and ground transportation to the resort. There are a few airport options as follows:
- Boston’s Logan International Airport (Airport Code BOS is 90 miles/90 minutes (depending on traffic) to the Wequassett Resort.
- Providence’s TF Green International Airport (Airport Code PVD) is 96 miles / 1 hour, 45 minutes (depending on traffic) to the Wequassett Resort.
- Barnstable Municipal Airport (Airport Code HYA), located in Hyannis, is 15 miles / 30 minutes to the Wequassett Resort. Due to the small size of this airport, flight options are very limited and this airport is primarily used by small airlines such as Cape Air.
Wequassett Resort recommends Cape Destinations for car service. They may be reached at (508) 432-3400.
The Conference begins with a reception and dinner on Wednesday, June 15 at 6:00 p.m. and will conclude at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, June 17, 2016. Based on flying in and out of Boston’s Logan International Airport, we recommend that you schedule your flight to arrive no later than 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday and depart no earlier than 4:00 p.m. on Friday.
2016 Roundtable and General Sessions Topics will include:
- Professional Development: Developing Talent
- Personal Development: Personal Financial Planning
- LP Perspectives
- Know Your Customer / Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Lessons and Trends from the Global Private Equity Survey
- Partnership Tax Considerations
- Deal Structuring Considerations
- Executive Sessions
* Content subject to change.
Earn up to 9 CPE credits while attending business sessions. CPE credits are subject to final approval by a third-party CPE issuer.
- Tom Anderson, Chief Investment Officer, Boston Private Wealth
- Kyle Burrell, Partner, EY
- Chris Calia, BSA/AML Officer and Director of Financial Intelligence, Boston Private
- Mike Caplan, Chief Operating Officer, Goodwin Procter
- Bill Curran, Director, Leadership & Talent Development, Boston Private
- Marie DelRossi, Vice President, Trust & Fiduciary Services, Boston Private
- Peter Dolan, Managing Director, Makena Capital
- Bert Jacobs, Co-founder & Chief Executive Optimist, The Life is Good Company
- Debby Kuenstner, Chief Investment Officer, Wellesley College
- John LeClaire, Partner and Co-Chair of Private Equity Group, Goodwin Procter
- John Mulvaney, Director and Leader of the Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group, CBIZ Tofias
- Alexia Pearsall, Vice President, Finance & Administration, North Bridge Venture Partners
- Phil Rotner, Chief Investment Officer, Children’s Hospital Boston
|Wednesday, June 15, 2016|
|3:00 - 5:00 PM||Optional Business Sessions|
|3:00 - 6:00 PM||Arrival/Event Registration|
|6:00 - 8:00 PM||Welcome Reception & Dinner|
|8:00 - 9:00 PM||Keynote Speaker: Bert Jacobs, Co-Founder and CEO of the Life is Good Company|
|9:00 - 10:00 PM||Dessert Reception with Bert Jacobs|
Thursday, June 16, 2016
|8:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Business Sessions|
|Afternoon||Afternoon Leisure Activity|
|7:00 PM||Traditional Cape Cod Clambake|
Friday, June 17, 2016
|8:00 AM - 12:30 PM||Business Sessions|
|12:30 PM||Conference Concludes|
CPE credits are subject to final approval by a third-party CPE issuer.
|Guests are invited to participate in one of the following leisure activities on Thursday afternoon.
Boston Private is a leading wealth management and private banking company with a national presence. Headquartered in Boston, we serve clients from 34 offices in major markets in Massachusetts, California, Florida, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas.
We are central to the largest venture capital hubs in the US. For almost two decades, we have worked closely with private equity firms providing cash management and tailored lending solutions specifically for private partnerships, their management companies and principals.
We believe that teamwork and collaboration are the keys to meeting your private banking and wealth management needs. We bring together a team of experienced professionals who will take the time to listen to your aspirations, understand your situation and build a personalized relationship that provides them with the insight to achieve your unique financial goals.
- Deposit & Cash Management
- Capital Call Facilities
- Working Capital Lines of Credit
- Stand-by Letters of Credit and Term Financing
- Co-investment Facilities
- Residential Mortgage Programs
- Wealth Management
- The Association for Private Partnerships
To learn more about our services for Private Partnerships, please visit our website at www.bostonprivate.com, email us at PPC@bostonprivate.com or call 617-912-1900 and ask for Cindy Terwilliger or Glen Holland.
*Private Banking and Trust services are provided by Boston Private Bank & Trust Company, a Massachusetts Chartered Trust Company. Wealth Management services are provided by Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Investments are not FDIC insured, not guaranteed, and may lose value.