How to Install and Use the Soft Token App
Symantec VIP Access App Instructions
7/20/2018 Cash Management Services
The VIP Access soft token provides enhanced security when performing payments in online banking and approving payments via the Boston Private Business Mobile App.
- All current users with hard tokens are eligible to switch to soft tokens. Follow the Getting Started steps below to begin.
- All new users are eligible for soft tokens at the time of their account creation if they are provided with Wire or ACH access.
Please follow a few easy steps to get started:
- Go to the App store on your mobile device to obtain the VIP Access App.
- Find the Credential ID from the App that starts with SYMC and provide it to your Sub User Administrator (SUA) for your company.
- The SUA must then contact Cash Management at (888) 322-2120 to request the soft token be added to either their access id and/or to the id’s of their sub users. Please tell the representative on the phone, "I'd like to link a soft token Credential ID to a user account," and they will walk you through the process.
Using the Soft Token:
- The soft token works similarly to hard tokens where a six-digit code will be displayed in the app when you open it. This code will continuously reset on a preset time interval.
- When you access a feature within Online Banking that requires multi-factor authentication, you will open the app to enter in the current six-digit code. If you have multiple tokens active, a dropdown menu will present a list of tokens for you to select.
Please contact the Cash Management Team at (888) 322-2120 if you have any questions.