Enabling Touch ID or Face ID on iOS
Touch ID and Face ID are available on the Apple iOS mobile applications. This feature allows users to log in to the Boston Private Mobile Application with a fingerprint or using Apple's facial recognition tecnology, Face ID.
In order to utilize this feature, you must have already set up Touch ID or Face ID on your iOS device. To check this, go to Settings and search for Face ID or Touch ID and select the appropriate option. Learn more about Face ID from apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208109
Enabling Touch ID or Face ID on the iPhone
- On the login screen, tap Face ID or Touch ID just below the Log In button.
- You will be prompted to enter your Username and Password and agree to the terms for using the Face ID or Touch ID service.
- Press Submit and hold the device to complete the Face ID process or touch your finger to the Home Button for Touch ID.
That's it! You're now set up to use Face ID or Touch ID. Each time you open the app, the Face ID feature will activate and you'll log in automatically once verified.
Disabling Touch ID or Face ID on the iPhone
- Once logged in to your account, go to Settings > Security Preferences.
- Toggle the Touch ID switch to the OFF setting.
You will no longer be prompted for Touch ID or Face ID when the app opens. To re-enroll, follow the steps above from the Login screen.