CardValet Frequently Asked Questions
In this article:
- What is CardValet®?
- What devices are compatible with CardValet?
- Who can I call for help?
- Do I still need to call if I suspect fraud?
- Do preferences set in CardValet override bank policies/procedures?
- How do I reset my CardValet password?
CardValet is a mobile app that allows clients to control their Boston Private debit card usage and helps mitigate fraud. Specifcally, CardValet allows clients to:
- Turn their card on and off
- Set locations where the card can be used
- Restrict transactions based on merchant type
- Establish transaction amount limits
- Schedule alerts for certain transaction types
CardValet will generally support the current and past two versions of the operating systems for:
Call Client Services at (617) 912-4000 for assistance.
Yes, clients still need to call the Bank if they feel that their account/card has been compromised.
No. CardValet controls would never remove or relax authorization controls set by Boston Private. CardValet controls can only add further restrictions and/or alerts.
Clients are locked out after 3 unsuccessful attempts. If the user has forgotten his/her password, the user can press the ‘Forgot Password’ bar on the previous screen and the user will then be prompted to enter his/her user (login) name. After entering the user name and pressing OK, a one-time security token will be sent to the email address that was provided during registration. Clients can also call Boston Private at 617-912-4000 to have their account unlocked.